Calling Junior Coaches!
If you are interested in being a Junior Coach this summer, please read this!
- Junior Coaches should have an enthusiastic attitude and desire to help their teammates learn and have a great swim season!
- Junior Coaches must be a minimum of 13 years old by May 26, 2020
- Junior Coaches will demonstrate a willingness to be in the water assisting younger swimmers and ensuring their safety, especially early in the season.
- Junior Coaches must be active swimmers on the Kingspoint Dolphin swim team with at least one year experience with the Dolphins prior to this season.
- Junior Coaches should be available to work for the bulk of the swim season.
- Junior Coaches are encouraged but not required to obtain current lifeguard certification by the date swim practices begin (only available to those who are 15 years old and older)
Application Process (New This Year!):
Prospective Junior Coaches must submit an email to the co-presidents at email@example.com with the following information:
- A few sentences or a paragraph explaining why you would be a great addition to the Kingspoint Swim Team coaching staff.
- Feel free to include other leadership roles and/or experience you feel has prepared you for this role.
- Any known travel dates or other dates on which you would not be able to attend practices (practices are evenings only from Tuesday, May 26 until Friday, June 5. Morning and evening practices go from Monday, June 8 until Friday, July 17).
- Contact information as follows:
- Applicant's cell phone number
- Applicant's email address
- Applicant's parent's cell phone number
Applicants will interview with the co-presidents prior to the season start date. Weekly schedules for practice assignments will be sent via email to Junior Coaches who are selected.
I was born in Czechoslovakia. I graduated with the highest level of education (Master’s degree) in the field of swimming. I wrote my master’s thesis about competitive swimming and swimmers’ training plans. I was a successful swimmer for many years as well. I won the Slovak Championship in swimming multiple times and I have a bronze medal from the World Championship in water rescue swimming. I have experience as a swim coach in Europe and the United States. I was the head coach for two teams at the JCC in Palo Alto, CA. I also served as head coach at the YMCA in Redwood City, CA. Previously, I worked cooperatively with a team of coaches at Liberty Sports Club and the University of Michigan in Ann Arbor, MI. I also gave private swimming lessons to children and adults (University of Michigan) and coached 6-16 year olds in Brighton, MI.
My name is Conor Sokolowsky and I am a senior at Jamestown High School. I have been swimming for over ten years with the Kingspoint summer league team and with my club team, the Coast Guard Blue Dolphins. It means so much to me to finally have the chance to coach this amazing team. I have been a part of the Kingspoint community for a long time and I am excited to give back. Let’s go Dolphins!!!
My name is Abby Polansky and I am a senior at Jamestown High School. I have been a member of the Kingspoint Swim Team since I was four years old. I have also been doing high school swimming since freshman year, and even made it to the state championship for 50 and 100 freestyle. My favorite events are free, back, fly, and the relays. I am also an expert at jumping for a dollar and greasy watermelon (Kingspoint Labor Day Picnic tradition!). I'm looking forward to meeting new swimmers as well as welcoming old faces. Get excited for the upcoming season, it's going to be a great one!